Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Cross, A Flag, A Curious Blogger

[I have wanted to share this video with you for a while now…and it is presented here for the first time now that I am able to roll out my recorded projects. – RTR]

For a long time now, my pickup truck has displayed the bumper sticker that quotes Sinclair Lewis: “When Fascism Comes to America it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.” So I did a double take when, as I drove down East Grand River Avenue in Okemos, Michigan (USA) recently, I saw a group of people marching on the sidewalk of the railroad overpass carrying a large American flag and a Christian cross.




My curiosity impelled me to turn around. As a person who participates in a number of public demonstrations, I was interested in knowing what this group was doing exactly – they had certainly caught my attention! So I parked the truck, grabbed my video camera, and met the demonstrators at the end of the bridge.

I did not find a bunch of Brownshirts. Instead, I found a seemingly rag-tag group of Christians on a march across Michigan. I took the opportunity to ask them about the Iraq war.

-- Rico Thomas Rico


Here is the impromptu interview:


No comments:

This Week's Jukebox: Song Book II