Friday, June 20, 2008

The Lost Slide Show Presentation: "What Democracy Looks Like!"

Many thanks go out to the Ingham County Democratic Party (IDCP) which invited me to speak before their monthly meeting on Wednesday, June 18, 2008. As luck would have it, my technology -- specifically the slide show that I wanted to show as part of my presentation about the Lansing area peace community -- did not work. My co-chair at the Peace Education Center, Melissa Osborn, was gracious in helping talk about ongoing peace issues and actions, and in filling the gap left by the lost slide show. My wife, Ruth, navigated graciously in helping with all the equipment and set-up. (The mistake was mine, as the slide show was neatly tucked away in an obscure corner of the jump drive. Oops!)

I plan to send the ICDP a link to my slide show to share with their members via email. In the meantime, the video slide show is shown below. For those inclined, please turn up your volume. Thanks again to the IDCP!

-- Rico Thomas Rico

P.S. The video below is a new, expanded rendition of an earlier slide show by the Peace Education Center recapping some of the peace action in Lansing during 2007 and 2008.

"What Democracy Looks Like!"
[Turn up the volume!]

No comments:

This Week's Jukebox: Song Book II