Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Hockey Pucks for Peace

My Team, the Orange Cyclones, won the Friday night game 7 -1. In my best opportunity, I missed a break away chance -- one-on-one with the goalie -- with 30 seconds left in the game. Our Round Two game is tonight, Saturday, May 3rd, at 8:50p.m. (EST). I am extending the "Hockey Pucks for Peace" campaign through the whole weekend. So all existing pledges will be honored -- and new ones are accepted. Now is a good time to donate to the Peace Education Center and I will match your pledged as described below. You can email your pledge to peaceedcenter@gmail.com and then get ready for some hockey! I will report more news from the rink shortly. -- RTR (3/3/2008)

I am announcing the "Hockey Pucks for Peace" fundraiser for the Peace Education Center of Greater Lansing. The PEC is a non-profit peace organization that has pursued peace for more than 38 years. All donations are tax-deductible.

My ice hockey team -- The Orange Cyclones -- plays Friday night, May 2, 2008, at 9:30 p.m.(EST) If you donate money to the Peace Education Center by face-off time, I am personally willing to match your pledge in the following manner: 1-to1 match if I score 1 goal during Friday night's playoff game; 2-to-1 match if I score 2 goals; or 3-to1 match if I score 3 goals (a "Hat Trick"). My maximum total match donation to the PEC will be up to $1,000.

So now is the time to donate $5, $10, $25, $50 or more -- with the opportunity to get your donation matched by up to 3 times!

You can donate via credit card at the PEC Cause through Facebook. Or you can call in your donation pledge to 517-889-1175 or by email at peaceedcenter@gmail.com. Or you can mail your donation check to the PEC, 855 Grove Street, East Lansing, MI 48840. Checks should be made out to ""The Peace Education Center."

If you want to come see the game in person, it will be played at Suburban Ice East Lansing, 2810 Hannah Boulevard, East Lansing, MI (behind the MAC). The game features the Orange Cyclones playing on Rink 1 at 9:30 p.m.




-- Rico Thomas Rico

No comments:

This Week's Jukebox: Song Book II